We have made a list of other interesting websites containing information that may be of use to you. If your an organisation and would like to see your name on the list please email us at email@example.com
Oil and gas news
Training, Careers and Education
- OPITO The oil and gas industry’s focal point for skills, learning and workforce development. OPITO is an industry funded, employer-led organisation committed to developing the oil and gas industry’s workforce capability now and in the future.
- My Oil and Gas Career Explore your future in oil and gas.
- Oil and Gas 4 U Information on living and working offshore and the opportunities available.
- Heriot-Watt University, Department of Petroleum Engineering
- Robert Gordon University, School of Engineering
- University of Dundee, Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law & Policy (CEPMLP
- Aberdeen University
Health, Safety and Environmental
- Step Change in Safety A wholly owned subsidiary of Oil & Gas UK, set up to make the UK the safest place to work in the worldwide oil and gas industry.
- Health & Safety Executive
- Environment and Resource Technology
- EEMS Provides access to qualitative and quantitative data for all emissions and discharges to the environment from offshore installations and associated onshore terminals.
- International Coiled Tubing Association
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Institution of Electrical Engineers
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
Geology and exploration
- Deal A Pilot initiative, DEAL is an information system with a map based web interface showing the location of wells, fields, seismic surveys, gravity and magnetic surveys, interpretive reports, quadrant/blocks, licences, coastlines, platforms and pipelines over the UKCS.
- Vantage POB A system which is used to track personnel working offshore.
Recommended Industry Consultants
- H2 Oil UK Ltd. Mr. James Stenhouse. Well Testing Specialist.